|| How to make ANIMATED Sprays
|Yes, this works great, I've made quite a few animated sprays for CS: Source, I'll start posting them on CounterSpray.com soon. These animated sprays will work with Counter-Strike: Source ONLY!
|R E Q U I R E M E N T S
You will need the animated texture converter which you can find HERE
AND a program you can size images and save as 32-pixel *.TGA files.
T U T O R I A L
USING A GRAPHIC EDITING PROGRAM OF YOUR CHOICE
1. Create a few pictures 128 x 128 pixels (other sizes below). Make sure you change the picture a few times and save it as different *.TGA files, each file (up to 5) will be a frame of your animation.
WORKING IN THE FOLDER YOU EXTRACTED 'animatedsprays.zip' TO
2. Put all your *.TGAs in the hl2/materialsrc/animated folder and rename them to spray001.tga spray002.tga spray003.tga etc..
3. Edit the spray.txt file in notepad and replace the endframe value to the total amount of frames you have.
4. Run 'convert.bat' and your *.VTF & *.VMT (your spray files) will appear at hl2/materials/animated/
(NOTE: You can rename your *.VTF & *.VMT files to something easy to remember like "moon.vtf & moon.vmt" .. your spray will then appear as "moon" in your in-game options menu list.)
5. if your .VTF file is over 120kb, you will have to go back and edit the amount of frames you have of the size of your frames until they are under 120kb, otherwise you will not be able to use the spray.
6. put your *.VTF and *.VMT files into your logos folder, assuming you installed by default, it will be here:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\email@example.com\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos
7. YOU'RE DONE!
To get your spray in-game just go to the options menu and scroll down the spray list to 'the name of your spray' ... it will display your first frame in the picture box. The spray won't animate in the options menu, but it will animate in the game.
256x256 (1 frame)
128x128 (5 frames)
92x92 (a lot of frames)
64x64... remember, the larger the size, the less frames you'll be allowed to have, your final spray needs to be under 120kb.